Sunday, June 3, 2012

Classic Material: LL Cool J - Live at the Summit (1988)


I remember seeing this live on Much Music when it originally aired and I lost my shit. I was pissed that I didn't have a VHS tape to pop in the VCR and hit record that day, but this has stuck in my memory ever since. LL coming out of the giant boom box onstage was unforgettable. Same with his white track suit and fat gold chain. This is basically a LL Cool J special that ran on Much Music. It has an interview with Cool J but is mostly footage from his concert at The Summit in Houston, Texas. At the time, LL only had his Radio and Bigger & Deffer albums out so this is LL in his prime. Up top is the concert's intro and LL performing "Get Down" and "I Can't Live Without My Radio". Below LL tears through "Rock The Bells". This is the definition of Classic Material. Enjoy!