Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Jay Swing - High Top Fades & Fat Gold Chains (Mixtape)


I set out to make a tape full of new shit, but for whatever reason this was the outcome. Fuck it, I like EPMD, Public Enemy, and Big Daddy Kane more than Drake, Rick Ross, and Juicy J. Don't get me wrong, when I'm drunk at the club there is nothing else I want to hear more than that new 2Chainz record, but for every other moment of my life I'm good with Eric B & Rakim.

I'd post the track list for this mix but I find that it is best served cold. No song titles, just a bunch of records that make me think of High Top Fades & Fat Gold Chains when I play them. The years covered are '87, '88, '89, '90, and '91. New Jacks be warned though, none of these songs come with a trendy dance attached to them but you can dance to all of them. Nothing but fast Rap (the beats, not the raps). Enjoy.


JAY SWING